Teacher Preparation Center Events
We want to encourage you to learn more about the teaching profession and meet other future teachers from Southern California!
Spring 2022 Workshops and Events
- TPI is getting ready for this year's 'Teacher Appreciation Week!'Starting Monday, April 25th until Thursday, April 28th, students who wish to send a small token of thanks to their professor(s) can fill out a FREE appreciation gram request form using one of two methods:Physical Appreciation Grams - Requests can be made at one of our three TPI booths on campus:
TPI office and booth hours are M/W: 8am-5pm. T/TH: 8am-3pm.Virtual Appreciation Grams - Request your virtual appreciation gram here: https://bit.ly/MtSacTeacherGramPhysical appreciation grams will be hand-delivered to professors by TPI staff, and virtual appreciation grams will be emailed to professors on 'Teacher Appreciation Week' (week of May 2nd).Booths Open:Monday, Apr 25 - Thursday, Apr 28M/W 8 am - 5 pm | T/TH 8 am - 3 pmVirtual form closes:Apr 29 @ 11:45 pmDid we mention that It's FREE? - there are ZERO costs involved! All students must do is find a TPI booth or click on the link provided to fill out an appreciation card.We look forward to your requests!
- In front of our TPI office (Bldg. 26A, Rm 1610).
- In front of the Library - grass area.
- Building 77 (Language Dept. Bldg.) - staircase area.
- Once again, we are offering the CBEST, CSET, and RICA Workshops this summer!Please feel welcomed to sign up for as many workshops you wish to attend. All workshops are free to Mt. SAC and non Mt. SAC students.The workshop dates are as follow:CSET Workshop (Math):Date Day TimeJun 4, 2022 Saturday 8am-10amJun 16, 2022 Thursday 6pm-8pmCSET Workshop (ELA/Social Sciences):Date Day TimeMay 12, 2022 Thursday 6pm-8pmJun 7, 2022 Tuesday 6pm-8pmJun 18, 2022 Saturday 8am-10amCBEST Workshop (Math):Date Day TimeMay 26, 2022 Thursday 6pm-8pmJun 9, 2022 Thursday 6pm-8pmJun 21, 2022 Tuesday 6pm-8pmCBEST Workshop (ELA):Date Day TimeMay 31, 2022 Tuesday 6pm-8pmJun 11, 2022 Saturday 8am-10amJun 23, 2022 Thursday 6pm-8pmRICA Workshop:Date Day TimeJun 2, 2022 Thursday 6pm-8pmJun 14, 2022 Tuesday 6pm-8pmJun 25, 2022 Saturday 8am-10amFor any questions regarding the workshops, please reach out to Prof. Janice Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Prep will be hosting a CalSTRS Retirement Webinar. It's never too early to begin looking at retirement benefits and how to make the most of them, even if you have yet to become an educator. Be informed and register today!
Register today. We’ve made it easy.
Simply go to: Register for CalSTRS Retirement Webinar
(Zoom link will be emailed after registration)
The Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program offers young professionals the opportunity to work in Japan as Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) or Coordinators for International Relations (CIRs). Since 1987, more than 60,000 JET Program participants from over 40 countries have lived and worked in cities, towns, and villages throughout Japan. Join JET and become part of this exclusive network of like-minded international enthusiasts!
Date: Thursday, May 5th
Time: 4:00PM – 5:00PM via Zoom
The Mt SAC Japanese Program/Teacher Prep Institute
Contact: Prof. Tsurumi <Ktsurumi@mtsac.edu>
- Scholarship application deadline has passed. Please check back at a later time for future scholarship updates.For more information about Mt. SAC scholarships, please visit:Scholarship application tips:Video not playing? Access the scholarship video using this link:
- The Los Angeles Regional Collaborative presents its 6th Regional Teachers & Future Educators Conference!Recording of the Teach for LA webinar (Conducted by Mt. SAC ESL Prof. Denise Schumaker)
Video not playing? Please watch the "Teach for LA" video here:Follow along with Denise with this slide!
TPI Workshop & Seminar Archives
California Credential Process (Spring 2022)
CSULA Charter College of Education
Get in-depth information from a CSULA advisor about their programs and requirements during theirCredential Program Information session!
Date: Apr 6, 2022, 03:21 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada) Click a link below for the meeting recording.
Access Passcode: .jXZ4Cn?
- California Credential Process (Fall 2021) Cal Poly Pomona (CPP) College of Education and Integrative Studies
California Credential Process (Spring 2021)
Cal Poly Pomona (CPP) College of Education and Integrative Studies
California Credential Process (Zoom recording), presented by Cal Poly Pomona.
- Spring 2021 Apple 101 Effective Communication Workshop
- Fall 2020 JET Panel Discussion
- Fall 2020 Teach for LA Workshop View the recordings of various workshops from the Fall 2020 Teach for LA Workshop.
- Fall 2020 Apple 101 Effective Communication Workshop Don't Yell! Effective Communication with English Language Learners conference recordings via Zoom.
- Fall 2020 Apple 101 Math Therapy Workshop: Part II Overcoming Math Fear. If you were unable to attend this seminar, a recording is available of the Apple 101 Math Therapy Workshop: Part II.
- Fall 2020 Apple 101 Math Therapy Workshop: Part IDemystifying Math (Psychological aspect of math anxiety). If you were unable to attend this seminar, a recording is available via Zoom, Apple 101 Math Therapy Part I.
- Soft Skills Seminar: from student to professional educatorPresented virtually by Teacher Prep's former Coordinator, Dr. Charles "Charlie" Newman, learn about the skills needed to have a successful working and partner relationship with your future colleagues for the benefit of students.
A recording of this session is available, Soft Skills Seminar.
- California Credential Process (Spring 2022) CSULA Charter College of Education