The Student Court consists of one (1) Chief Justice and four (4) Associate Justices.
The Student Court has the authority within the Association to interpret the constitution and supporting documents of the Association. The Student Court has the power of Judicial Review over any legislation enacted by the Student Senate or any action by the Executive Board or President.
Responsibilities of Student Court
- To protect and uphold the laws of the State of California and the United States
- Uphold and protect the Constitution and directives of the Associated Students from alteration by illegal means and degradation by those persons who so desire
- Administer all judgments equitably, never allowing personal prejudices, opinion, or political influence to obscure or alter decisions
- Ensure that those bodies of government, having been created by the student body, do not infringe upon nor abuse those privileges and rights afforded them by the A.S. Constitution
- Be available every Wednesday from 11:30am-2:00pm
- Have completed one (1) semester at Mt. SAC and 6 graded units with a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be enrolled in at least 5 units and maintain a 2.0 semester GPA
- Pay the Student Activities Fee of $11.00 each semester
- Have no discipline record on file with the college
- Attend a mandatory training
- Complete a Student Court Application
For additional detailed information please review the Organizational Directive in Governing Documents.
If you would like to apply for any of the positions above, please visit Applications & Forms