- Who We Are
To cultlvate leaders who advocate for an equitable world!
We strive to unite and empower our community by embracing and fostering our six priorities.
Associated Students supports the development of the student body through the following priorities:
- Co-Curricular Engagement
- Civic Engagement & Advocacy
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Social Justice, Anti-Racism, and Access
- Leadership Development
- Retention & Transfer
- Recognition of Service
- Fee Information
Student Activities Fee
What is the Student Activities Fee? - The $11 Student Activity Fee allows your student government to provide scholarships, leadership opportunities, cultural events, discounted tickets, funding for student events and many other co-curricular programs and services for students. Some of the benefits students receive by paying the Student Activities Fee are:
- Free admission & free food at all A.S. events throughout the semester: A.S. Visibility, Athletics Fair, Finals Frenzy, New Student Welcome, & Pizza with the President, & more!
- Free trips to universities tours
- Free access to check-out games and equipment in the Student Life Center
- Eligibility to apply for A.S. scholarships
- Eligibility to purchase Discounted tickets (available at the BookRac-Mid September 2021)
- Eligibility to apply for Leadership Conferences
- Eligibility to vote in Mt. SAC Student Body Elections & hold an A.S. Officer position
- Eligibility to hold an officer position in a campus club
Student Representation Fee - $2 per semester (Fall/Spring)
The $2 Student Representation Fee, mandated by Assembly Bill (AB) 1504, provides support for student government representatives who may be presenting positions and viewpoints to representatives, offices, and agencies of local, district, and state governments.
The fee is divided, with $1 going to the Associated Students of Mt. San Antonio College, and $1 for use by the Student Senate of the California Community Colleges (SSCCC). For example, this fee supports sending students to Sacramento or Washington, D.C. to advocate for solutions towards issues faced by California Community College students and lobby for adequate tuition and services. For more information about this fee visit our FAQ.
How to Apply
Please review the Organizational Directive for Senator position descriptions. In addition to A.S. Officer eligibility requirements, Senators must be available every Tuesday and Thursday from 3pm - 5pm during both semesters (Fall and Spring) plus additional mandatory trainings scheduled during the Summer and Winter intercessions. After applying, you will receive follow up email correspondence from the A.S. Administrative Specialist. Please note, attendance to a Senate interview via Zoom is mandatory. Interviews will be held on Tuesday, May 17th, 2021, and Thursday, May 19th, 2021, at the Senate Meetings from 3pm - 4:30pm.
Applications for the Spring 2023- Fall 2023 terms will be due on November 9, 2022
Please review the Judicial Directive for the Justice position description. In addition to A.S. Officer eligibility requirements, Justices must be available every Wednesday from 11 am to 2 pm plus additional mandatory trainings scheduled during the Summer and Winter intercessions.
- Who We Are
Fall Leadership Conference
Applications Due September 8, 2022
October 14-16, 2022
Join Student Life and Associated Students in a Mt. SAC tradition! 3 day, 2 night experience, where we explore leadership identity, team dynamics, diversity, and environmental consciousness.
All students who have paid the Student Activities Fee have an opportunity to apply to this leadership conference. Transportation, housing, and meals are provided. Space is limited. Applications and eligibility required.
1. Current semester Student Activities Fee paid.
2. 2.0 cumulative MT. SAC GPA or 1st semester student
3. Currently enrolled in minimum of 5 credit units.
4. No disciplinary record with the College.
How To Apply:
- Open the AS Officer/Committee/Conference Application by clicking the link below:
- From the AS Officer/Committee /Conference Application Select "Conference Application"
- You will be asked the following questions
- Why are you interested in attending an A.S. Conference?
- Describe what you believe to be the duties and responsibilities of a conference attendee?
- What do you expect to gain from this experience?
- Conference interested in?
- Please type-in: Fall Leadership Conference
- Please note the system will log you out after 10 minutes. Complete your answers on a word document first and copy and paste them to the application when ready. There is a 200 word minimum and 800 word maximum for each question. Please give questions 1-3 a lot of thought, as there are limited spaces.
- Applications will be reviewed after the September 8, 2022 deadline.
- You will receive an email of the decision made via your student email.
- Contact the Student Life Office for any questions at email@example.com or (909) 274-4525. You may also visit us in Student Life, Building 9C.
- Pizza with the President
Are you wanting to meet the CEO/President of Mt. SAC? Aside from Dr. Scroggins office hours, he and Associated Students host a lunch event where a small group of students can meet him in a smaller more relaxed setting. Get to know more about Dr. Scroggin's leadership journey and have the ability to ask him about college related issues.
Space is limited! Use the link above and complete the reservation and to view upcoming dates and times.
- Constitution Day 9/15
THURSDAY, SEPT 15, 2022
11:30AM - 1:30PM
Voter Registration drive and snacks from 10:30 am
Find the livestream link at:
Speakers & Discussion
Join Mt. SAC Professors Dafna Golden, Sierra Powell, Raul Madrid, and Kelly Rivera for a series of talks
focused on: 2022 Midterm Elections, Federal & Local Redistricting with a special look at the power of
GIS mapping, and Voter Empowerment. Associated Students will be joining our professor panel to
discuss ways in which we can influence our campus and communities.
To join the livestream, please visit: CLICK HERE FOR LIVE STREAM
Participants will receive a pocket constitution, t-shirt,
snacks, and resources.
- Fall Leadership Conference Applications Due September 8, 2022
Get Engaged. Build Community.
Associated Students conduct a series of public meetings. Please join us at one of the meetings below. Agendas are posted and you are more than welcomed to attend and speak during open forum/public comment.,please inform the chair of each meeting that you would like to speak.