At Mt. SAC our Occupational Therapist is passionate in working with students to develop and strengthen skills to enable them to succeed in not only their academic career, but their daily life activities. When meeting with the therapist students can expect to develop individualized treatment plans to focus on each of the student’s unique needs.
Occupational Therapy (OT) is a healthcare profession that strives to increase quality of life and success in everyday life tasks through engagement in meaningful activities and the creation of healthy habits and routines.
Health Center Info.
If you are having a medical emergency or mental health crisis, call Police and Campus Safety at (909) 274-4555 or dial 911
- Suicide Prevention Hotline
1 - (800) 273-8255
- Crisis Text Line
Text COURAGE to 741741
- Go to your nearest Emergency Room
Students will work with the Occupational Therapist to discuss their unique needs and develop treatment plans that may address a variety of areas. Students have the right to ask questions about interventions that are recommended and to discuss the potential risks and benefits of each specific recommended intervention. Students have the right to decline any or all portions of recommended treatment interventions. Below is a list of areas of focus in treatment:
- Learning Stress & Anxiety Management Strategies
- Developing Time Management & Organizational Skills
- Decreasing Procrastination
- Enhancing Self-Care
- Developing Healthy Eating Habits
- Increasing Physical Activity
- Managing Chronic Conditions
- Decreasing Substance Use
- Developing Restful Sleep Routines
- Creating Healthy Life Balance
- Increasing Social Participation
- Building Positive Self Esteem
- Managing Transitions & Changing Life Roles
- And more!
Benefits can include:
- Improved stress and anxiety management
- Improved time management
- Improved academic performance
- Improved social skills
- Improved life balance
- Improved overall feelings of health and well-being.
Make an Appointment
Contact the Health Center at (909) 274-4400 to inquire about occupational therapy. A specialist will contact and arrange appointments with students who are referred to occupational therapy.
- Due to Governor Newsom’s Stay-at-Home order and our commitment to protecting the health and safety of everyone, we have transitioned to providing occupational therapy through TeleHealth.
- Hours: Monday and Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Length of sessions: 45-60 minutes
- Services are FREE
In California, “telehealth” is defined as a method to deliver health care services using information and communication technologies to facilitate the diagnosis, consultation, treatment, and care management while the patient and provider are at two different sites. The two most common modes of telehealth for counseling are via 1) live videoconferencing either through a personal computer with a webcam or a mobile communications device with two-way camera capability, and 2) telephone
A therapist can only provide services to a student who resides in the state of CA. During each telehealth appointment the student’s current physical location and an emergency contact number will be obtained.
Mt. SAC is utilizing Zoom as the video platform to provide telehealth care. Mt. SAC has invested in the confidential and secure Zoom platform.
Continue seeing your primary health care and mental health providers. Occupational therapy does not replace the advice of your medical and mental health providers.