Steps to Apply and Enroll
You are a returning student if you have attended Mt. SAC, but have missed two or more consecutive major semesters.
Complete and submit a Mt. SAC Admission Application
A returning student is a student who has attended Mt. SAC but, for any reason, has missed two or more consecutive major semesters (for example, Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 are considered two consecutive major semesters). All returning students must re-complete and re-submit their applications.
Returning students can complete and submit their Mt. SAC online application here. For help, watch this video on how to complete the Mt. SAC online application.
Computers are available in the Student Services Center for your convenience. Please browse the information and tips below to ensure you're ready to begin the application process. For important dates and deadlines, be sure to check out our Academic Calendar.
For further information, contact Admissions Office at (909) 274-4415 or visit Admissions online.
Before You Start Your Application
- Have your social security number ready, if you have one. (If you have a DACA issued social security number, do not include it in your application.)
- Collect the names and dates (month and year) of all high schools and colleges attended.
- Have a valid email address ready, one that you check frequently. This is where we'll send follow-up information about your application. If you do not have one, we recommend that you create an email account prior to applying.
- (If applicable) Have your permanent resident card ready.
After You Submit Your Application
- Be sure to check your email regularly. You will get a welcome email confirmation 1-2 weeks after you submit your application containing very important information (such as a confirmation code that you will need in the future). This message will be sent to the email address you provided when you registered with the CCCApply website.
- Once you have been assigned a Mt. SAC identification number and username (provided in your Welcome Email), you will need to setup your Mt. SAC Portal in order to enroll for classes and view other important information.
- Before you can register for classes, you must complete the enrollment process. Click through the buttons at the top of this page to learn about each step in the process.
If you have questions about your application, contact our Admissions and Records office at (909) 274-4415 or visit Admissions online.
Mt. SAC offers a variety of financial aid programs funded by federal and state agencies and private sources, including grants, fee waivers, work- study opportunities, scholarships, and loans.
On average, tuition is just $1,400 per year to attend Mt. San Antonio College full time. Most students receive financial aid to bring this cost down even further and help cover other expenses.
Fill out a FAFSA
One of the most important financial aid documents to fill out is your FAFSA, a document that college students must fill out every year they are in school to help determine their financial need and aid eligibility. The FAFSA opens on January 1st of each year. You should fill out your FAFSA as soon as you can after January 1st of each school year. Learn more about FAFSA and the steps needed to complete it here.
We strongly encourage all of our students to apply for some form of financial aid. You can learn about all of the different types of financial aid and programs at our Financial Aid page here.
Calculate Your Costs for College
Mt. SAC provides a Net Price Calculator to help students estimate their college costs. The "net price" of college is the real price that a student pays -- the cost minus the financial aid awards you might qualify for. Our Net Price Calculator can help you estimate the true cost of attending college at Mt. SAC and give you an idea of the types of financial aid awards you qualify for. You can find out more about and use our Net Price Calculator here.
As a returning student, any assessment tests you have previously taken at Mt. SAC are valid for 2 years from the date you took the test. In addition, if you took an English and/or math class at Mt. SAC previously, you are eligible for the next English and/or math class in the sequence.
If you have not taken an English and/or math class and your test scores are still valid (less than 2 years), you may register for the courses you are eligible for OR you may reassess yourself with the new Assessment Questionnaire (AQ) to see if you can actually place higher. Learn how to complete the online assessment here.
If it has been longer than 2 years since you took the assessment tests, and you have not previously taken an English and/or math class, you must go through the assessment process again. Please click on the Assessment Questionnaire button below to complete the questionnaire. Please answer the questions on the questionnaire to determine your course placement. We encourage you to have your high school transcripts while answering the questions.
The assessment process will help you decide which classes are best to take upon your return to Mt. SAC, ensuring that your time at Mt. SAC is successful.
Complete the Assessment Questionnaire
For more information, contact our Assessment Center at (909) 274-4265.
As a returning student, you do not need to attend orientation. However, if you have been out of college for 5 years or longer, we recommend that you complete an in-person orientation.
If you have attended other colleges, universities or institutions, make sure you submit your official transcripts from all institutions to the Admissions & Records Office and bring copies to your counseling appointment (check "Meet with Counseling" (Step 5) to learn about this step in the enrollment process).
Schedule Your Orientation
- Online: Click the "Student Success" tab in your Mt. SAC Portal and follow the steps listed.
- Over the phone: Call the Counseling Center at (909) 274-4380.
- In Person: Visit the Counseling Center (2nd floor of the Student Services Building, 9B).
Questions about orientation? Call (909) 274-4380.
- 5Before registering for classes, returning students should meet with one of our counselors to discuss their academic goals, review their academic standing, and begin developing their Mountie Academic Plan (MAP). Your MAP will help ensure that, while you're at Mt. SAC, you take the classes that best fit your goals -- whether you want to earn your degree or certificate, advance your career, or transfer to a four-year university. Our counselors will discuss the different options and programs you might be interested in based on your goals, then help you determine what courses you need to take to achieve them.
Schedule your Mountie Academic Plan Appointment
- Visit our office, located on the Student Services Center, 2nd floor of Building 9B.
- Our office hours are Monday-Thursday from 8 am - 7 pm and Friday from 8 am - 4:30 pm.
- We are closed on Fridays during the summer.
- Call the counseling team at (909) 274-4380.
Mt. SAC Counseling Services
- We help students that are undecided about a major or career goal
- We help assist in planning your educational and/or career goals
- We help assist in choosing a university or college fo transfer
- We help assist you with personal problems impacting your college success
- Visit our office, located on the Student Services Center, 2nd floor of Building 9B.
Once you have taken your assessment questionnaire, completed orientation, and met with a counselor, you will be assigned a specific registration date and time that you can view on your Mt. SAC Portal under the "Student" tab. You may then register for classes using your Mt. SAC Portal on or after your assigned date and time.
All students must pay their tuition and fees upon registering for classes, so be sure you are ready to do so when you register. If you don't pay your fees by the drop for non-payment deadline, you will be automatically dropped from your classes. Drop for non-payment deadlines are posted on the Mt. SAC Portal under the "Schedule/Receipt" tab. If you want to learn more about your fees, click the "Pay Fees" button at the top of this page.
If you're ready to register, visit our Registration Section for more information on how to select and register for your classes. You can also watch this informative video on how to register for classes.
All tuition and fees must be paid for when you register for classes. Here are the basics about paying your tuition and fees. Learn more by reading about tuition and fees or how to pay online or by watching this video.
- You can pay fees online with a credit card (in your Mt. SAC Portal) or in person at the Cashier's Office (Building 4).
- If you pay online, be sure to print your Student Schedule/Receipt. It has important information and deadlines regarding payment, refunds, and dropping classes.
- Deadlines for payment are posted in your Mt. SAC Portal on your Student Schedule/Receipt.
- If you fail to pay for your classes by the designated deadlines, you may be dropped from those classes.
- After paying fees, you can obtain your picture Student ID at the bookstore in Building 9A.
For information regarding fee payment options and payment policies please visit the Cashier's Office website or contact them by phone at (909) 274-4960.